The H.P.I. & Hosmac Architecture Competition (HHAC 2017) for students all over India is the second edition of Hosmac’s & H.P.I.’s architecture competitions. HHAC is a part of the Hospital Planning & Infrastructure Exhibition & Summit organised by IDEX a renowned global event organiser who has been organising this event for past 4 years in Mumbai for the Healthcare industry. Details about the event can be seen at www.hospitalinfra.co.in
What is Assisted Living ?
An assisted living residence or assisted living facility (ALF) is a housing facility for people with disabilities or for adults who cannot or chose not to live independently. An assisted living resident is defined as a resident who needs assistance with at least one of the activities of daily living.
A typical assisted living facility resident would usually be a senior citizen who does not need the level of care offered by an expensive local nursing home but prefers more companionship and needs some assistance in day-to-day living. Age groups will vary with every facility. There is currently a transformation occurring in long-term care. Assisted living communities are accepting higher levels of care and nursing homes are becoming a place for those who are undergoing rehabilitation after a hospital stay or who need extensive assistance. Many assisted living communities now accept individuals who need assistance with all activities of daily living.
The competition is instituted by HOSMAC as knowledge partners to the exhibition and conference. Hosmac is otherwise a pioneering name in Hospital Planning and Management Consultancy in India and the Middle East. Hosmac has designed more than 20 million sq.ft. of built hospital space in India and overseas and has a well established design studio in Mumbai and Dubai with full service capability of undertaking architectural, structural, MEP and interior design in house apart from rendering construction management services to their clients. Lead planners in Hosmac have international exposure and are well versed with latest trends in design technology including Sustainability Planning, Pre Engineered buildings and BIM modeling.
Hosmac strongly believes in the philosophy and future of Assisted Living Centers in the Indian context and hence is instituting this competition as part of that belief wherein winning team members would be offered internship opportunity in their design studio in Mumbai or in Dubai.
- Self sustainable and low maintenance design solution
- Robust building construction using local materials
- Easy accessibility in terms of building design for all ages of people
- Sensitivity towards the built fabric of the rural context
- Strong connections to local surroundings
- Climate Response
- Sustainable place-making from an economic, social & environmental perspective
- Outstanding and original design informed by contemporary ideas of India
- Start of Competition and Registration: 15th June 2017
- Registration Ends: 31st July 2017
- Closing Date for Submission: 10th September 2017
- Announcement of Winners: 1st October 2017
- All Deadlines are 11:59 pm – 00:00 IST (India)
- The Jury shall select 3 winning entries that will receive a cash prize and certificate from Hosmac.
- 1st Prize: Rs 60,000/- + Certificate
- 2nd Prize: Rs 30,000/- + Certificate
- 3rd Prize: Rs 15,000/- + Certificate
- The Jury shall also select 2 Honorable Mentions.
- All Top 5 entries will be published on Hosmac’s and H.P.I.’s Website as well as Healthcare Executive Magazine powered by Hosmac.
- Winning team members would be offered a paid internship opportunity in Hosmac’s design studio in Mumbai or Dubai.